Six years ago, I posted video about small gyms on my old YouTube channel . made that video to encourage other small gym owners, like myself, who could end up surrounded by big fancy chain gyms or “globo” gyms. The big gyms didn’t take us seriously.
However, much has changed since I made that video. Now we have them surrounded!
Small gyms are all over the place in the U.S. and many other countries.
People are burning out on big gyms and looking for something better and for coaches that actually care about their health and fitness.
The main points I made then are still valid today
- don’t be intimidated
- stay true to your vision for your own small gym
- remember, they can’t offer what you can
- they don’t do what you do
- they are not you and do not have all the experience you have
- they are not your competition any more than cows are to sharks
- keep getting results for the people you train and for yourself
- be authentic
- keep learning
- rise above the herd
If you already have a small gym in your garage, back yard, at a local park or wherever, you might find Garage Gym Life Magazine helpful and encouraging.