Anyone who lifts heavy and hard knows how important it is to get adequate rest and recovery. In fact, all those who train hard, even if they are in a non-barbell sport, know this.
However, many people sabotage their recovery through excessive amounts of stress. Much of that stress comes from being completely immersed in social media. I mean they cannot live without checking Facebook a gazillion times a day.
Another source of high stress is the news, real or fake doesn’t matter. It keeps people in a constantly agitated state of mind.
People rant and rage about all manner of things they cannot do one thing to change.
For instance, people are ticked off about the election. Big deal, I have been ticked off about numerous elections over the decades, and it didn’t make one bit of difference in any of them.
So, if you want to recover more effectively, here’s some things that should help
- get out of town for a few days to a beautiful place (the mountains, a lake, a beach, for instance)
- spend time with someone you get along well with
- do some simple, relaxing things
- stay off social media (you won’t die from that, I promise)
- don’t watch the news (it will be just as bad, just on a different day)
- get some extra sleep