Zach Even-Esh once said, “I won’t discriminate against anything that makes me stronger.” I wholeheartedly believe in this!
First thing is, I don’t care what other gyms are doing, I only care about what gets the best results. So, flush the fads down the toilet and always keep learning. Don’t be afraid to fail or “look bad” while learning something new.
Here’s the best things I have found in recent years:
- Adex clubs and maces (we have developed the entire macefit.com program using these excellent training tools)
- The Sanddune (this unusual piece of equipment has really helped our connectivity and coordination)
- Neuro-Grips (have developed whole body strength and control through the deceptively difficult exercises involved)
- post activation potentiation (I learned this method from Travis Mash’s book, “The Mash Method”, and it has generated numerous PRs for our athletes)
- CrossCore HardCore (this training method puts suspension training in a whole new light)
All of these things have been integrated into our training, which already involves Powerlifting, Strongman, Olympic Weightlifting, and Underground Strength training.
Always stay in the learning mode!