A movie or story might start with “Long ago and far away” or “In a simpler place and time” to set the mood. People often hunger for these things since we now live in a world filled with rage, hate, gross immorality, and violence. All these things produce huge amounts of stress, and can wreck your health. Read what it can do here
I don’t blame them, however, we cannot go back in time and must live in our present reality.
However, we don’t have to participate in the popular culture’s version of life.
Refuse to be like everyone else.
Here are a few ways to free yourself from the madness:
- start your day with ten minutes of quiet reflection, meditation, or prayer
- limit social media use
- limit how much news you watch
- don’t use your phone during meals or driving
- read good books
- keep a journal
- get rid of nervous habits like smoking, drinking, etc.
- exercise regularly
- eat clean
- get plenty of sleep
- interact with positive, healthy people
Remember, your are not a garbage can with a hairy lid for people to dump all their negative trash in. Protect your mind!
A clear head makes life much better overall; and helps keep you healthy.