Summer is just about here and so is the next “fat panic” across America.
This occurs around New Years also. It is very predictable.
The unreasonable fear of looking bad in a bathing suit suddenly hits those who have neglected their health and fitness all the rest of the year.
Here’s the main problem, though:
- slick marketers know this and prey on the people caught up in the panic
- every slick scheme imaginable will be promoted through the media, Internet, etc.
- gullible, uninformed people will buy almost anything to get slimmer fast
You can help prevent your family and friends from getting suckered by the con artists out there by making them aware of this. Some still won’t listen, but some might.
- No one can safely get a lean attractive body in just a few days or even weeks
- Rapid weight loss scams are dangerous
- Losing weight fast with a crazy diet usually entails losing muscle mass and other things your body needs
- It takes good program design and a solid work ethic to get fit and lean
The people who will look great in a bathing suit his summer are already in excellent shape, they bare not in panic mode. They trained all winter. There are NO shortcuts or magic formulas!
My approach overall is strength and fitness are the main priorities
However, train the right way for strength and fitness and the improved looks are just a byproduct of that.
Don’t let the people you care about get suckered!