Now that’s a mouthful isn’t it?
This something we used at the Cave, espeically during our testing cycles.
I learned about post-activation potentiation or (P.A.P.) from Coach Travis Mash.
This helped our athletes hit new PR’s on a regular basis.
It helps prime the central nervous system for very heavy work.
P.A.P. can be used for different exercises, so here’s an example of how we used it
for back squats.
1) work up to a heavy single 90%-95% of 1 RM
2) select your target weight for a new PR
3) make it a weight you haven’t hit in the past
4) add 20-30lb to the bar beyond that weight
5) get under the bar and unrack it (do not walk it out)
6) hold it for 10 seconds
7) rack the bar
8) pull off the extra 20-30lb (have your buddies do that if they are there)
9) wait about 60 seconds
10) now go hit your new PR
This works very well.
Now you know,