Many people say that want change, but few are willing to change themselves.
Usually people want changes in the laws or the culture. It is common for people to want those things, because those things involve other people changing, not themselves.
People fear change–
- change involves being uncomfortable
- change may cause others to mock you
- change is solitary and few people can stand alone
- change might involve loss
- change requires your thinking for yourself
- change requires discipline
- change doesn’t happen overnight
- change isn’t easy
However, rewards often follow the risk.
For example, when my buddy Don Giafardino drove several hours to come to the Cave and do an introductory Adex mace & club workshop for free he was taking sizeable risk.
There was no guarantee things would go well or be productive.
His efforts planted “the seed” for the development of our Mace Fit program.
He took a chance on us, and we are thankful he did!
The Mace Fit movement is growing daily
I am glad Donnie wasn’t afraid to take the risk.