I have heard quite a few comments about excessive use of the Internet and social media making people less able to develop critical thinking skills.
While I see the reasoning behind those comments, I want to talk about your health.
Let look at using your phone in particular
Here are a few key points:
- Sitting for extended periods of time has numerous health risks associated with it
- Granted some people use their phones while riding motorcycles, bicycles, skateboards, or walking across the street (without looking). All if these habits can have immediate health consequences
- Sitting with your head down and your shoulders pulled forward is a very compromised position to spend time in
- Being sedentary through out the day can add unwanted body fat
- The less you do, the weaker you will get
I didn’t even mention texting while driving yet because that is in a category all by itself. That’s how you can kill innocent people as well as yourself.
Consider how you often you use the Internet and social media. Write it down for a week and you’ll be shocked!